Your 2009 AWARDS for the following categories goes to:
1) BUDDY OF THE YEAR?
– This goes to Reichelle Celorico. It was a rollercoaster year for me and the ride would have been extra scary without her. She’s the one that I immediately contact whenever I feel really bad. And man, I felt a lot of that during the past year! There were many changes and transitions that happened this 2009. Good or bad, I’m glad that she was a part of it.
2) LIFETIME SERVICE AWARD (longest friend)
– Hannah Vaness Almira. Definitely. I wouldn’t say that she’s the “longest” friend I’ve had but in terms of quality, I need not say more. Even though we don’t get to see each other often or even if we just have a brief exchange of SMS, I can really feel the sincerity and understanding on her part. I can tell her about anything and everything- from the movie I saw or the boy I just can’t get over with. She’s like a sister that destiny failed to give me.
3) NEWCOMER AWARD – COOLEST NEWEST FRIEND?
– Acqui! I have known her for a while but I found it easy to share my secrets and rants to her.
4) HIGHEST POINT OF THE YEAR?
– When I made bold decisions. Like, enrolling in a course that’s unfamiliar to me. Breaking free from the place where I didn’t want to be…and being who I really am- weaknesses and confusions included.
5) LOWEST POINT OF THE YEAR?
– The later part of February.
6) YOUR SONG FOR 2009?
– Miley Cyrus’ “The Climb.” I know, I know. But the lyrics are good.
7) BEST MOVIE FOR 2009?
– “Up.” I really like that movie.
8) WHO DID YOU SPEND VALENTINES WITH AND WHERE?
– At home with my mum. It’s her birthday.
9) WHAT WERE YOU FOR HALLOWEEN?
– I was a scarier version of me. Haha. We didn’t wear costumes but as usual, our house was filled with Jack o’Lanterns, scary witches and masks, skulls and monster candles.
10) RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR?
– Tough one. But there’s this new resto in Bay that serves organic food. They have good dessert too.
11) KISS OF THE YEAR?
– With. THE. Boy. Ayayay.
12) BEST DECISION MADE THIS YEAR?
– To go back to Laguna.
13) WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR NEXT YEAR?
– To take it one decision at a time.
14) MOST STUPID IDEA WHEN DRUNK?
– I try not to get drunk so as to avoid crazy thoughts.
15) TV SHOW OF THE YEAR?
– This goes to Glee.
16) BEST HOLIDAY?
17) HEARTBREAKER OF THE YEAR?
– Sometime in February.
18) BIGGEST CHANGE OF THE YEAR?
– Myself. The transitions and decisions. The way I see things. The way I feel about people and things.
19) MOST LOYAL FRIEND(s)?
– Always, always. Hannah, Meg, Karms (although I don’t get to see her often), Rosey (I don’t get to see her often but I can easily be myself even when I’m just texting or IMing her), Pearl, Ate Chelle and Joy Fajardo.
20) NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION?
– Someone said it best, and I quote- “To not wait for people, to make my own decisions based on how it would affect me first. If it’s what I want to do, not what others want for me. To expand, to continue growing as a person, professional and friend—but at the same time, to have a core group which I could turn to, ones that know who I really am, and would fight for me the way I’d do in a heart beat for them.” In addition, to be patient and to love myself more. And to minimize the volume of the supergirl inside.